It is difficult to believe that the 1st term of 2018 has nearly reached an end already!
Please take note of some important issues noted below:
1. Uniform:From Term 2 learners will wear winter uniform. Term 1 and 4 are summer
uniform and Term 2 and 3 will be winter uniform. Please ensure the correct School
beanies, scarves and gloves are worn. If these are not worn correctly they will be
confiscated until the end of term. ANY non-school-approved uniform items will be
confiscated and donated to an Orphanage here in Pietermaritzburg. Suede shoes and
slip-on shoes are NOT part of the Linpark uniform. Learners are to return to school
on the first day of next term, shaven and hairstyles are to be acceptable as per
the school’s dress code. No exotic hairstyles are allowed, and no “skinny” pants
to be worn.
2. School closes for the Easter holiday on Wednesday, 28 March 2018 at 12:30. The
2nd term starts at 08:00 on Tuesday, 10 April 2018, Day 2.
3. Our Sports co-ordinator, Mr. N.R Ngubane, has a busy time planned ahead for all
our sporting teams! Our sports and extra-curricular activities offerear).
4. Parents’ Evening and Collection of Reports for Grade 8-12 will take place on Tuesday,
17 April 2018 at 17:30. Please take advantage of this time to meet with your child’s
teachers and discuss any issues that you may have. PLEASE NOTE: Reports will no
longer be given out to learners. Reports will only be given out to parents or guardians.
5. Staff Changes: Sadly we have to say good bye to our Principal, Mr Schreuder as
he embarks on his retirement. We would like to thank Mr Schreuder for his dedication
to Linpark throughout the years and for the positive changes he has brought to our
school. We wish him all the best on his retirement.
Mr Buys (Deputy Principal) will be acting as Principal. We wish him all the best
in this new
We also say good bye to Mrs. Frankson who has been with us for 8 years. We wish her
all the best in her new endeavours.
Congratulations to Mrs. Reddy (Maistry) on the birth of her baby boy! Miss D Shelver
will be taking her classes while she is on maternity leave.
6. School Governing Body: We would like to thank all the parents who came out to
vote at the recent SGB elections. We congratulate all members elected to the Governing
Mrs CA Jonkers- Chairperson , Mr S Zondi – Vice Chairperson, Treasurer - Mrs T Chetty
and secretary – Miss N Mdlalose.
7. Name Tags: Grade 8 learners have received their name tags. We expect all learners
(Grade 8-12) to wear their name tags. If lost, a replacement will cost R65.
8. Homework Diaries: Learners were issued with a homework diary at the start of the
term. Please check diaries for important dates and the school’s code of conduct.
9. Hostel weekend –term 2 is from Fri 27 April – 01 May 2018. (Monday 30 April is
a school holiday).
10. Grade HODs are: Grade 8: Mr Bisschoff Grade 9: Mrs Naidoo Grade 10: Mr. Ndlovu Grade
11: Mr. Chetty Grade 12: Mr. Buys
11. Learners should not be on school premises after 3:30pm if not participating in
12. We would like to ask parents to please update important information; this includes
new cell phone numbers and addresses. It is of utmost importance that we have your
contact information especially should an emergency arise concerning you child.
13. LONG WEEKEND – At the end of April. 27 April – 01 May, as Monday 30 April is
a school holiday.
14. Parents please pay school fees over the holiday period directly in to the School’s
LINPARK HIGH SCHOOL NEDBANK CASCADES BRANCH CODE: 134325 ACCOUNT No: 134-304-844-3.
REFERENCE: USE CHILD’S FULL NAME & SURNAME AND ADMIN NUMBER!! FAX PROOF OF DEPOSIT
The staff at Linpark High School wishes you and your families a blessed and peaceful
MR N. SCHREUDER
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Updated cell phone numbers will ensure you receive important
messages from the School, and will also aid us in case of any emergency your child
may experience while here at School.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make use of your child’s ADMIN No. in all correspondence
with the School. This makes for accurate record-keeping!
Click here to download AGM Results and Resolutiom
12 June 2018
SCHOOL GOVERNING BODY BY ELECTION 2018
Please find on page 2 the Notice of Nomination and Election meeting which will be
held on Wednesday, 18 July 2018 at 18:00 in the school hall.
There are two parent member positions available. The vacant parent member positions
became vacant due to the resignation of Mr and Mrs de Jager.
Parents/guardians whose names appear on the school’s Admissions Register will be
eligible to participate in the School Governing Body By-election.
Candidates (who must be parents/guardians of learners at the school and who are not
employed at the school) may be nominated to stand for election by submitting a nomination
form duly completed and signed by the candidate and his/her proposer and seconder.
Nomination forms will be available from Mrs Bellars in the school’s front office.
The completed nomination form must be returned to the school at least one day before
the elections are conducted, Tuesday 17 July 2018. Further nominations can be made
at the meeting on Wednesday 18 July. However, the nominated person must be present
at the meeting.
Should a quorum not be reached at this meeting; the next meeting will be held on
Thursday 26 July 2018. An election will take place on this day regardless of whether
there is a quorum.
We appreciate your attendance at this meeting and look forward to a successful election.